Behind The Scenes
Version 1I’m Home was inspired by the very popular Ludo game. We made a single pathway to encourage constant interaction between players. However, the game did not deliver much on excitement and was visually uninteresting so it was back to the drawing board.
Our second version added more spaces to land on, though still visually boring.
The B B B B spaces activated a bonus roll of the dice if the same colour pawn landed on it.
By this time we had enough of the circles! This game needed a few hurdles for a change of pace.
On this third version we added a few ‘Miss a Turn’ spaces and made more use of the empty spaces. So glad to see the end of the circles.
Getting closer but now it needed some decent graphics and more interactive spaces….and what to do with the empty space in the center?
To the final version we added
- Hedges and paths to make the game more visually interestingly
- Lots more back and forward spaces
- The question mark gives 2 options. Will you make the right decision?
- Added a white safety zone – safe from being swapped!
- Made good use of the empty space in the center.
This version ticked all our boxes.
- Visually interesting
- Fun to play
- Easy to learn
Version 4a – final version
Minor changes to icon placements.
- Added another SWAP icon to make it even more interesting.